Wednesday, November 03, 2010

call for windows users

you want to collaborate? have windows installed and want to play a little with emesene 2?


then help us!


we need to bundle pywebkitgtk on windows to use adium themes in the conversation window.


I tried to make it work today but I couldn't, if you want to play and try to make it work, if you do document the steps so we can update the installer guide.


we will give you some rounds of applause for making something really useful for the project.


this site http://opensourcepack.blogspot.com/2009/12/pywebkitgtk-windows-binary.html seems to have the libraries needed, I downloaded the files and could run a demo browser that comes with it, but I couldn't make import webkit work, I got a dll loading error.


happy hacking!

3 comments:

Arnold said...

Hi! My name is Arnold, I'm from Hungary, I'm little speak english, My question would be, when it would be runnable emesene 2 client, because I'm really looking forward to it and I'm curious:) Currently on version 1.6.3 I use, and slow file transfers. This problem will be solved in the new version? The other is that sometimes there are problems in invite partner, because: "The contact already exists" :S

luismarianoguerra said...

@Arnold: there is a development version right now, it's not completely stable but it's usable.

about the problems, we will do as much as we can to fix the problems you mention.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys.
where can we report bugs?