Saturday, December 26, 2009

the time has come

to start coding for emesene 2 again.

now with less responsibilities and some free time I will start to code again. Today I started adding support for storing and retrieving nick and personal message from/to the server so those are retrieved no matter where you are.
I fixed the bug that didn't changed the status on login, a bug that didn't remembered the nick/pm when the main windows was redrawn and some other small bugs, I also merged with c10ud's repo.
Finally I made the code work on python 2.5 since that is the default on debian squeeze.

I you find some annoying bugs let me know, I will try to fix them ASAP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few suggestions for a great st.stephen (:p):
- contact list:
- - nogroup users must stay on the left, now it seems they belong to a group
- - allow mixed "order by group" and "group offline users" (heck this is a challenge :P)
- main window:
- - when logging in the moving is annoying


i have some questions regarding preferences but i'll throw them i the ML

greets

Nicolaide said...

Nice... When you have a ""stable"" version make a call to arms to port all the features of emesene 1.x to emesene2 ;)

Anonymous said...

well i mentioned the tray icon problem in the forum:

http://forum.emesene.org/index.php/topic,2539.0.html

but nobody seems to care :)

luismarianoguerra said...

@C10ud: I added those requests on the issue tracker on github

@Nicolaide: how stable is stable? ;)

@berkeviktor: that seems to be a 1.5 bug not emesene 2.0, I'm not maintaining that brach anymore.

Nicolaide said...

@luismarianoguerra: I think that this is stable... So i learn GIT and make my first commit to a fork to your branch solving little GUI problems... Just to test... In the next days i see more the code and see what i can do ;)